‘Klopp-Sala shock altercation’ Liverpool draw 2-2 with West Ham

Liverpool has effectively dropped out of the league title race after picking up just one point.

Liverpool drew 2-2 with West Ham 2-2 in the 35th round of the 2023-24 Premier League (PL) on Sunday at 8:30 p.m. ET at London Stadium in London, England. The result leaves Liverpool in third place in the league with 22 points (9 wins, 4 draws, 4 losses) and West Ham in eighth place with 13 points (10 wins, 12 draws, 49 losses).

The draw effectively leaves Liverpool behind in the league title race. That’s because Arsenal (77 points from 34 games), who have yet to play, are in first place, while Manchester City (76 points), who have played two games less than Liverpool, have a higher point total than the Reds.

Liverpool played a 4-3-3 formation. Dias, Gakpo, Elliot, Hrabenberg, Endo, McAllister, Robertson, Van Dijk, Quinsar, Alexander-Arnold, and Alisson started.

West Ham lined up in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Antonio, Cudus, Paqueta, Bowen, Alvarez, Sucheck, Emerson, Ogbonna, Jorginho, Koufal, and Areola started.

Liverpool were the first to take aim at the scoreline. In the 11th minute, Robertson’s cross from the left side of the box was deflected behind. Elliott headed straight at it, but it hit the side netting.

West Ham would be disappointed. In the 14th minute, West Ham picked up a loose pass in the middle of the park from Elliott. The ball was played straight to Bowen, who unleashed an audacious mid-range effort that Alisson was able to palm away.

Liverpool failed to capitalize on their chances. In the 21st minute, Arnold took a free kick from just outside the penalty box, but his header sailed over the bar.

A scramble ensued. In the 27th minute, Gakpo raced onto a cut-back from Dias after a quick breakaway, but collided with Areola in the box. The rebound came back to Dias, who fired a shot that hit Ogbonna in the hand. However, the assistant referee raised the offside flag. Video Assistant Referee (VAR) checks showed that Díaz was offside and no penalty kick (PK) was awarded.

Liverpool held their heads high. In the 41st minute, Dias broke free on a direct dribble down the left flank and beat two defenders before firing a shot that hit the post.

West Ham failed to capitalize on their opening goal. In the 43rd minute, the Hammers won the ball again, this time through forward pressure, and Bowen fired a powerful left-footed shot that was saved by Alisson.

West Ham had the first laugh. In the 43rd minute, Bowen headed home a cross from Cudus off a corner kick to give the Hammers the lead. The first half ended with the 먹튀검증 Hammers leading 1-0.

Liverpool evened the score. Three minutes into the second half, Dias broke from the left to the center of the box and cut a pass into the penalty area. Robertson latched onto it and finished with his left foot to equalize.

Liverpool took the lead. Six minutes into the second half, Gakpo’s cross was met by Hrabenberg on the doorstep, who tried to hit a sensational shot with his heel but couldn’t quite get it on target. In the 13th minute, Arnold’s shot was saved by the keeper.

Liverpool pulled a goal back. In the 20th minute, a cross from the back of the box was headed straight to Gyepo on a corner kick. The ball deflected off Ogbonna and Sucheck and into the back of the net.

Liverpool continued to attack. In the 28th minute, Dias unleashed an unstoppable shot that was saved by Areola. West Ham made a change. In the 29th minute, Sucheck was taken off and Ward-Prowse was brought on.

Liverpool faltered. In the 31st minute, the defense was shaken when Antonio’s cross was headed high by Alisson, but he failed to make a good catch. West Ham took advantage and attacked. Emerson fired a powerful left-footed shot, but Alisson made up for his mistake.

The Hammers were back in the game. In the 32nd minute, Bowen’s cross was headed home by Antonio in the box to put the game back in balance.

Liverpool pushed forward. In the 34th minute, the Reds brought on Gomez, Salah, and Núñez for Arnold, Dias, and Endo. Liverpool hit the ground running. In the 44th minute, on a counter-attack, Salah’s drag flicked the ball through Núñez to Elliott, who took a touch and then hit a straight shot that hit the post and went wide.

Five minutes of stoppage time followed, but neither team was able to capitalize on their chances and the score remained 2-2.

메이저 토토사이트

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *